MassBay Community College, MA, received a $750,000 grant this October from the Baker-Polito Administration and Massachusetts Life Sciences Center (MLSC).
These funds will help the college:
- Create a new Center for Biomanufacturing Education and Workforce Training (CBEWT)
- Develop a biomanufacturing certificate degree
- Develop new courses relating to RNA, and Cell and Gene therapeutics.
- Purchase industry-specific equipment including Droplet Digital PCR, Bioreactors/fermenters, and other bioanalytical instruments.
- Offer short-term courses and workshops to adult learners and high school students
- Collaborate with local STEM... Read more