InnovATEBIO High School Workshop
This week long workshop will focus on Biotechnology laboratory skills, college and career soft skills, and active learning strategies for the high school Biotechnology classroom. Two cohorts of teachers will run simultaneously: Biotech Basics and Advanced Techniques. Please see agenda below for more detailed activities.
In this workshop, teachers will:
- Learn about the tools, foundational science, and applications of biotechnology;
- Access online curriculum which will provide teachers with an overview of the biotechnology field and an introduction to the latest information and discoveries in biotechnology.
- Develop the laboratory skills and knowledge necessary to teach a CTE Biotechnology course.
- Practice techniques aligned to the BACE (Biotechnology Assistant Certification Exam)
Texas Teachers: This workshop will certify Texas teachers to articulate Biotechnology 1 and Biotechnology 2 with their local community college (if applicable) and implement the ACC level 1 certification.
Who should attend?
- New or current biotechnology teachers
What will we do at the workshop?
Post Workshop Materials can be found at:
http://txbiotech1.weebly.com/workshop-2019-biotech-1.html . AND . http://txbiotech1.weebly.com/workshop-2019-advanced.html
Del Valle High School
5201 Ross Rd
Del Valle, TX (2 miles to Austin)
7625 E. Ben White Boulevard Austin, Texas 78741
Cost and Requirements:
- Workshop Registration: http://txbiotech1.weebly.com/workshop-registration.html
- Workshop Fee: $500.00 This covers training costs, consumables, lab kits, lunch, curriculum and a kit to take home.
- Payment for the Workshop: A link to the ACC marketplace to pay for the workshop will be available soon. Once the payment link is open, you will receive an invoice.
Join our Biotechnology Mentor Network and keep us up to date on how you are using the materials/skills learned from your attendance. This may require a few Skype calls ins and/or surveys to ask for feedback on materials. We will also ask that you share your students accomplishments with us! For your time, there are several ways we would like to help support you and your students including consumable/lab kits, equipment (if available) and attendance at conferences.