InnovATEBIO Teacher Mentor Workshop
Del Valle High School
5201 Ross Rd
Del Valle, TX (2 miles to Austin)
La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Austin Airport 7625 E. Ben White Boulevard Austin, Texas 78741
Event Details: Purpose: The purpose of this short course is to introduce teachers to the online curriculum and provide teachers with hands-on biotechnology experience.
- Designed to give science and technology high school teachers in the state of Texas an opportunity to obtain certification for teaching advanced biotechnology as a course for science credit. The online curriculum will provide teachers with an overview of the biotechnology field and an introduction to the latest information and discoveries in biotechnology.
- Learn about the tools, foundational science, and applications of biotechnology;
- Encourage student and teacher interest in relevant science, technology, and careers;
- Support the new CTE Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills for Biotechnology 1 and Biotechnology 2 in alignment with ACC Articulated Biology 1414/1415, Introduction to Biotechnology
- NEW: Support BACE Implementation
Who should attend?
Current high school teachers who either currently teach Introduction to Biotechnology 1, Biotechnology 2 or intend to teach it in the near future.
What will we do at the workshop?
Tentative Agenda: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IA3Fe6PvqmtBHX9p_Z6jM0FRcqUE84eJCsyeuOe4UFw/edit?usp=sharing
Post Workshop Materials can be found at:
http://txbiotech1.weebly.com/workshop-2019-biotech-1.html . AND . http://txbiotech1.weebly.com/workshop-2019-advanced.html
Cost and Requirements:
- Workshop Registration available soon!
- Workshop Fee $500.00.
- Join our Biotechnology Mentor Network and keep us up to date on how you are using the materials/skills learned from your attendance. This may require a few Skype calls ins and/or surveys to ask for feedback on materials. We will also ask that you share your students accomplishments with us! For your time, there are several ways we would like to help support you and your students including consumable/lab kits, equipment (if available) and attendance at conferences.